2015 has been a MIND BLOWING, AWESOME, HOLY SMOKES how can I even TOP it kind of year! I can’t even begin to list all of the amazing things that happened for me and for my family this year! My ONE goal at the end of last year was to #publishin2015 and I DID IT!!!!!! Now I’m hooked and can’t wait to do it again in 2016. I also need to make my 2016 TBR (to be read) book list because WOW did I read some fantastic stories this year!
If you’re someone who may be looking for GREAT romance reads then keep scrolling! Here are my top 15 reads of 2015 (in NO particular order since there is NO WAY I could possibly list these fantastic and inspiring authors in any sort of “most favorite” list. I love them ALL!) And NO, I don’t make money off of recommending books to you. These are just some of my favs of the year and since I love it when authors share MY work, I’m paying it all back to them by sharing theirs with YOU!
- Never Never Part 2 If you’ve been following the story of Charlie and Silas then you NEED to figure out where Charlie has gone! So far part 1 and 2 have been very short/quick reads but suspenseful all the same! Fun read that keeps you guessing! And with Colleen Hoover AND Tarryn Fisher collaborating on this story it’s bound to be full of surprises! Part 3 is coming SOON!!!
- Heart Shaped HackWhen Kate Watts abandoned her law career to open a food pantry in Northeast Minneapolis, she never dreamed it would be this difficult. Facing the heartbreaking prospect of turning hungry people away, she is grateful for the anonymous donations that begin appearing at the end of each month. Determined to identify and thank her secret benefactor, she launches a plan and catches Ian —a charismatic hacker with a Robin Hood complex—in the act.Ian intrigues Kate in a way no man ever has. But after learning he’s snooped around on her personal computer, she demands retribution. Impressed with her tolerance and captivated by her spirit, he complies and begins to slowly charm his way past her defenses. Time spent with Ian is never boring, and Kate soon finds herself falling for the mysterious hacker.
But Ian has enemies and they’re growing restless. In the hacking world, exploiting a target’s weakness is paramount, and no price is too high to stop an attack. And when Kate learns exactly how much Ian has paid, she’ll discover just how strong her love is for the man who has hacked his way into her heart. The banter between characters in this story is what kept me wanting to continue to read! Another mystery of sorts and I hear there’s a second book coming out SOON!!!! 🙂
- Burying WaterLOVED this story by K.A Tucker! —- Left for dead in the fields of rural Oregon, a young woman defies all odds and survives—but she awakens with no idea who she is, or what happened to her. Refusing to answer to “Jane Doe” for another day, the woman renames herself “Water” for the tiny, hidden marking on her body—the only clue to her past. Taken in by old Ginny Fitzgerald, a crotchety but kind lady living on a nearby horse farm, Water slowly begins building a new life. But as she attempts to piece together the fleeting slivers of her memory, more questions emerge: Who is the next-door neighbor, quietly toiling under the hood of his Barracuda? Why won’t Ginny let him step foot on her property? And why does Water feel she recognizes him?Twenty-four-year-old Jesse Welles doesn’t know how long it will be before Water gets her memory back. For her sake, Jesse hopes the answer is never. He knows that she’ll stay so much safer—and happier—that way. And that’s why, as hard as it is, he needs to keep his distance. Because getting too close could flood her with realities better left buried.
The trouble is, water always seems to find its way to the surface.
- Amber to AshesWow….this book….I was speechless for many reasons…..especially that last steamy scene when…well….wow! This book…..I need the next one to come out like YESTERDAY! They were a storm I never saw coming, an unforeseen heartbreak on the edge of a dangerous cliff.Amber Moretti’s life changes in the span of minutes. An orphaned outsider, she is desperate to start fresh the moment she walks onto campus. In the time it takes to cross the university’s dining hall, she meets two men who bring color, air, and light to her darkened world.
They became my addiction, each a needle to my next hit, my high.
Brock Cunningham’s appeal is dizzying, a potent force Amber can’t deny. A green-eyed smooth talker, he instantly attracts Amber. It doesn’t take long for him to consume her every thought, her every breath.
Ryder Ashcroft, a blue-eyed, tattooed, and pierced bad boy, turns Amber off immediately—that is, until he kisses her, stealing a piece of her heart, her soul.
They were as opposite as fire and ice, yet I ached for them equally.
Never knowing she could be broken down in so many unexpectedly beautiful yet petrifying ways, Amber finds herself falling for both men.
Immoral? Maybe. I say undeniable. Uncontained.
But one devastating event changes everything, shattering each of their lives…and Amber isn’t sure she can recover from it.
- Slow BurnOk stop right here. If you HAVE NOT read the DRIVEN series by K. Bromberg yet then PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and DO IT NOW! You don’t HAVE to have read the Driven series to understand this one but you’ll have a BETTER connection to these characters if you do. And then the feels…….I cried during this book a lot. Just sayin. ONE NIGHT. THAT’S ALL IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.Reeling from the sudden loss of her sister, Haddie Montgomery has sworn off relationships. All she wanted from Beckett Daniels was a sexy distraction to help her escape her pain for just a little while….There weren’t supposed to be any strings attached—so why can’t she shake the memory of that unforgettable night from her thoughts? Or the taste of his kiss from her lips?
No matter how hard Haddie tries to forget about him, Becks relentlessly tries to prove that she should start living for today. But she is determined to avoid romantic commitment, and she can always use her ex-boyfriend’s reappearance to help snuff out the slow burn within her that Becks has sparked….
Or will fate force her to realize that this kind of connection doesn’t come along very often and a chance at love is worth the risk?
- Palm South UniversityKandi Steiner has done something I hadn’t seen done yet until this series. Season One of Palm South University is written just like a soap opera. Multiple character POVs and they’re not long reads at all. There are 6 books in season one and season two is coming soon!!! A very cool concept!!! Drama. Lies. Sex.Welcome to Palm South University.
The weather isn’t the only thing heating up in South Florida. At a school where fraternities and sororities don’t exactly play by the rules, relationships are bound to be tested. Parties and sex are definitely key ingredients in the Palm South recipe, but what happens when family issues, secret lives, and unrequited love get tossed in the mix?
Follow Cassie, Bear, Jess, Skyler, Erin, Ashlei, and Adam as they tackle college at a small, private beach town university. Written in television drama form, each episode of this serial will pull you deeper and deeper into the world of PSU.
Where the sun is hot and the clothes are scarce, anything can happen.
- Maybe NotIf you know me and you know my story, then you know I’m extremely inspired by Colleen Hoover! She’s very much one of my favs because she’s the reason I started writing. “MAYBE SOMEDAY” is my favorite book of hers and if you haven’t read it yet, GET IT NOW!!! THEN read this one! It’s a short novella that takes you on a quick journey of some of the secondary characters if Maybe Someday. Laughs and tears provided! When Warren has the opportunity to live with a female roommate, he instantly agrees. It could be an exciting change.Or maybe not.
Especially when that roommate is the cold and seemingly calculating Bridgette. Tensions run high and tempers flare as the two can hardly stand to be in the same room together. But Warren has a theory about Bridgette: anyone who can hate with that much passion should also have the capability to lovewith that much passion. And he wants to be the one to test this theory.
Will Bridgette find it in herself to warm her heart to Warren and finally learn to love?
- What IfWhat if you had a second chance to meet someone for the first time?
Cal Logan is shocked to see Nicole Bentley sitting across from him at a coffee shop thousands of miles from their hometown. After all, no one has seen or heard from her since they graduated over a year ago.Except this girl isn’t Nicole.
She looks exactly like Cal’s shy childhood crush, but her name is Nyelle Preston and she has no idea who he is. This girl is impulsive and daring, her passion for life infectious. The complete opposite of Nicole. Cal finds himself utterly fascinated-and falling hard. But Nyelle is also extremely secretive. And the closer he comes to finding out what she’s hiding, the less he wants to know.
When the secrets from the past and present collide, one thing becomes clear: Nothing is what it seems. I LOVED this book!!! Can’t wait to read more Rebecca Donovan!
- Sweet AcheOk this one you could read just fine without having read the Driven series but again….you WILL have a better understanding of certain characters if you read the Driven series first. (and you won’t be disappointed so just do it already! It really IS that good!) 🙂 You’re welcome Hawkin Play, the bad boy rock star with a good guy heart, has lived a lifetime of cleaning up after his twin brother’s mistakes. Hunter’s most recent screwup could land Hawke in jail and risk the band’s future. Hawke agrees to guest lecture at a local college to stay in the judge’s good graces—and a bet with his bandmate to seduce his sexy teaching assistant is icing on the cake.Quinlan Westin is harder to bed than Hawke imagined. She knows his type and is determined to avoid the rocker at all costs—even if their attraction runs deeper than simple lust.
Just as Hawke might finally be winning over the girl, his brother has other plans. When Hunter realizes his twin finally has a weakness, he’ll stop at nothing to take advantage….
- Darker WaterAfter another painful breakup, Laney Temple finally understands that love is a fairytale and sex rarely comes with a happy ending. She’s too busy for it right now anyway–she has a business to run, art to create, and candy to crush. Eventually she’ll be ready to switch from her plastic-or-silicon lover to a flesh-and-blood one. But before that happens, she needs to be sure she won’t feel any of those annoying emotions that make her heart do things it wasn’t meant to do…Like break
Carson Bennett is completely upfront about what he wants, and it has nothing to do with Laney’s heart. Her lips? Hell yeah. Other parts of her body? You better f*cking believe it. But her heart? Nope, not even a little. Until it does…a lot. But having feelings for someone isn’t allowed. It’s the kind of thing you’re supposed to push down deep and cover up with one-night stands, sarcasm, and booze…
Two people want the same thing–a commitment to nothing more than great sex in a bunch of different positions. Simple. Enjoyable. A win-win. Problem is, those two people have families and fears and pain that spill into every moment of their lives, control what they do and who they are. And if either Carson or Laney can’t free themselves from the past, they’ll both be pulled under by it. ABSOLUTELY LOVED the conversations between Carson and Laney! Their banter was flawless and so easy to read! Felt like I was sitting in their conversation with them. LOVED this book! 🙂
- Seduction and SnacksIf you want a HILARIOUS read….Tara Sivec is your gal! Seriously….you will laugh out loud and be pulled into the story all at one time. I have many MORE Tara Sivec books to get through and I can’t wait! They’re all going on my TBR list for 2016! Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he’s asleep) toddler a better life. When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time. With Carter’s undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire’s panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after. Warning: contains explicit sex, profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse.
- KylandIf you loved ARCHER’S VOICE then you’ll love KYLAND! I’m loving Mia Sheridan’s writing! Dirt poor. Hillbilly. Backwoods hick. Mountain folk.Tenleigh Falyn struggles each day to survive in a small, poverty-stricken, coal mining town where she lives with her sister and mentally ill mother. Her dream of winning the college scholarship given to one student by the local coal company and escaping the harshness of her life, keeps her going.
Kyland Barrett lives in the hills, too, and has worked tirelessly–through near starvation, through deep loneliness, against all odds–to win the Tyton Coal Scholarship and leave the town that is full of so much pain.
They’re both determined not to form any attachments, but one moment changes everything. What happens when only one person gets to win? When only one person gets to leave? And what happens to the one left behind?
Kyland is a story of desperation and hope, loss and sacrifice, pain and forgiveness, but ultimately, a story of deep and unending love.
- Hard BeatAnother K. Bromberg book!! (are you sensing a theme?) This one comes with a little more suspense/mystery than her other books but I LOOOOVED it all the same!!!! Foreign war correspondent Tanner Thomas is addicted to living on the edge. Needing the adrenaline rush of his job to help him cope with a personal loss, he throws himself back into the game, concentrating all his energy on getting the next big story. But when he meets his new photojournalist, Beaux Croslyn, he can’t help but feel like he’s losing his focus—and maybe risking more…
With secrets she won’t address, Beaux is far from your ordinary woman. Determined to keep her distance, she’s willing to pull Tanner in closer and hide behind the sparks flying between them. But as Beaux’s past begins to put their relationship—and their lives—at risk, Tanner’s determination to find the truth puts them both in jeopardy.
He’s ready to chase her to the ends of the earth to find out if what they had was real, or if the danger surrounding them was just an exquisite heat fated to burn out….
- The Stocking Was Hungyeah yeah I know….Christmas has come and gone and this is obviously a holiday themed book. But don’t worry about that! This book is short, and it’s HILARIOUS and STILL has all the feels of a great romance book!! Read it! You won’t be sorry!!! What happens when your life goes to crap the week of Christmas? You invite a hot Marine you met in an airport bar to come home with you for the holidays, to distract your crazy family from the truth.With a handsy aunt, a meddling mother and a father concerned for the wellbeing of his daughter’s eggnog, there’s no chance Sam and Noel will have time to fall in love…or will they?
- November 9Last but absolutely never least is another COLLEEN HOOVER book!!! (cause you know….she’s great like that). I can’t say enough about her books. You should read every one of them…..more than once. Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?